Player Protection and Responsible Gaming
Most people who choose to play at an online betting site, do so for entertainment purposes and remain within their means. There is, however, a small percentage of customers who may lose control when they bet/gamble online. In order to prevent this, please bear the following in mind:
- Betting/Gambling should be entertaining and not seen as a means to making money.
- Keep track of the amount of money you spend and only gamble what you can afford to lose. Do not chase your losses.
- Keep track of the amount of time you spend betting/gambling.
Responsible Gaming Policy
While most people gamble for social enjoyment, Betway acknowledges that gambling can possibly create problems and harm certain individuals. These problems can range from over-spending to a pathological gambling addiction. Betway is committed to creating a responsible gaming environment by implementing and maintaining stringent responsible gaming requirements for the benefit of both customers and staff.
Why not try our quick self-assessment test? If you have ever been worried about gaming problems or are just curious to check the results, please complete this questionnaire. Once complete, please hit the 'Submit' button and your results will appear within seconds.
You can control your gaming by limiting how much we allow you to deposit. You can set daily, weekly, or monthly limits. If you request a lower limit it will take effect immediately. However, any request to increase your limit will only take effect after 27 Days.
To set a deposit limit please contact Customer Support.
Assistance for problem bettting or gambling.
Should you require any assistance or advice on problem betting or gambling, please contact one of the help lines listed below.
Gamblers Anonymous - Gamblers Anonymous International Service Office
Customer Protection Measures
Betway is committed to assist you in enjoying your play with us. There are many options available to help you, including reducing your deposit limits to restrict your spending or self-exclusion from Betway for a limited period. Please contact our Customer Care Centre for more information and any assistance that you may require.
Procedures for Self-Exclusion
Customers can opt to self-exclude themselves from Betway for a limited period. Betway offers 3 self-exclusion periods to help customers who have problem betting or gambling:
- A minimum 24 hours cooling-off period
- A minimum 7 day cooling-off period
- A minimum 6-month self-exclusion period
Note that customers who have opted for self-exclusion will not receive any promotional correspondence from our agents for the period of their exclusion.
- All requests for a player’s account to be locked (including requests for self-exclusion) must first be verified in writing (via email) as well as by telephonic confirmation where standard security questions must be answered before the Customer Support team can action the request.
- Please direct your request to our Customer Care Centre any time, day or night, for immediate assistance if you would like to request a cooling off period or self-exclusion.
- Following your written submission we will lock your account for a period of 24 hours only.
- We will then contact you telephonically to confirm your exclusion. (Please ensure that you have supplied us with your correct contact number in order for us to do so)
- Once your request has been received (telephonically and in writing), your preferred self-exclusion period will commence immediately.
Betway endeavours to respond to all e-mail queries within:
- 12 hours Monday to Friday
- 24 hours Saturday and Sunday
Protection of minors and filtering options
Please note that the minimum age of persons able to register and play at Betway is 18 years. We are not in any way promoting the use of our casino to children. We wholeheartedly discourage as well as monitor persons who are under the age of 18 attempting to play and bet money at our casino. Top verification methods are put in place to identify underage persons attempting to log into the casino software.
However, we do acknowledge that internet usage is readily available in many households and as a result, it is up to both gaming companies as well as parents/guardians to work together to ensure the protection of these children from underage gaming.
The safety of your child(ren) can be further assisted by the installation of the software filter which will restrict minors from opening certain sites and programmes.
For more information please visit the following sites